So it turns out that if you wait to too long between set releases, pretty much every one of your favourite artists releases a killer new track. I guess you could refer to this set as the Epic Mix.
16 Bit Lolitas make a couple of appearances with tracks from their magnificent new LP. DJBS favourites UNKLE, Jaytech and Way Out West all contribute in one way or another — I even found room for the new version of the all-time classic Shapeshifter’s track, Lola’s Theme (which made an appearance on one of my first ever mix sets, many years ago).
This will probably be the last set released under the “phoenix sessions” moniker for a while, as I intend to explore some new spaces in the near future. Stay tuned.
- Black River (Gui Boratto Remix) – Bomb The Bass
- Reformation (Robert Babicz Remix) – Lucca
- Coconut Blues – Gabriel Ananda
- Bazook (Bazookapella) – Chris the Greek & Matheos
- Formula of Fear (Uberzone Dub Mix) – Hybrid
- Murder Weapon – 16 Bit Lolitas
- Azteca (KOS’s Stadium Mix) – KOS
- Twilight (Layo and Bushwacka! Remix) – UNKLE
- Lola’s Theme (2008 Re-edit) – The Shapeshifters
- Heart & Soul – Yvel and Tristan
- The Warning (Terracotta Army’s Eastern Invasion) – Way Out West
- Nobody Seems to Care (feat. Jennifer Horne) – 16 Bit Lolitas
- Candy (James Zabiela Remix) – Spooky
- Geko – Guy J
- Meaningful Story (Jaytech Remix) – Dinka
- Omptine D’Un Ature Ete, L’Apres Midi – Jay Haze and Yann Thiersen